- 12 slices bacon, thick-sliced
- 12 wooden skewers (12-inch)
- 6 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- dried apple chips, chopped (optional)
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- pistachios, chopped (optional)
- toasted coconut, chopped (optional)
- kosher salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread each bacon strip onto a wooden skew.
- Place on a rack in a large baking pan.
- Bake at 400º F for 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening, melt in a microwave and stir until smooth.
- With a pastry brush, coat the bacon strips on both sides with the melted coatings.
- Top each strip as desired and place on waxed paper lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.