Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This single serve cake is excellent for a sweet tooth and when one doesn't want to overeat. It is soft and delicious. You can actually increase the quantities to make a full cake. This recipe was developed by my mother when her oven broke :(
- Mix bilk, butter, and sugar in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda to the bowl. Mix so that there are no lumps.
- Microwave on high for 1 - 1:30 minutes (depends on the microwave- mine comes out in 1 minute). The cake will spring back on touch when done.
- Let stand for couple of seconds.
- Serve with chocolate sauce or just plain ice-cream. Enjoy.
Very good and not too many calories either! I substituted apple sauce for the butter, and used 1/2 Tbsp instead of 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder. Also used brown rice flour and maple syrup.
I was really impressed by this recipe. I had no idea that actual cake (not brownie) could come from a microwave! I accidentally put half a tablespoon of cocoa instead of half of a teaspoon and liked it quite a bit. So, I think I might repeat that mistake next time. As others have pointed out, it doesn't make much though. So, I think next time I'll try making it in a mug instead of a bowl to give the illusion of more cake (and so that I can call it a microwave "cup" cake). Thanks for the recipe!
I used skim milk, splenda and extra cocoa. It was good, it satisfied my sweet craving. I would double the recipe next time because it didn't make very much. I added more milk to cool it off after 1 minute in the microwave. Not bad for how simple it was.