Prep 9 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Ultra-decadent and ultra-easy! Break this one out on special occasions or when you want to wow a crowd! Prep time includes refrigeration time! recipe courtesy allrecipes.com
- 2 package brownie mix (or use homemade)
- 2 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 236.59 ml water
- 2 (793.78 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (453.59 g) containerfrozen whipped cream, , thawed
- 2 (680.38 g) containerfrozen whipped cream, , thawed
- 1 chocolate candy bar (I use Lindt or Cadburry's: orange and raspberry flavoured work very well)
- strawberries (optional) or cherries (optional) or raspberries (optional)
- nuts (optional) or Heath candy bar, crunched up (optional)
- Prepare brownie according to package directions (or use homemade), and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix until smooth, then fold in the 2 containers of 8-ounce whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping (I have a big trifle bowl- you may need to cut recipe in half!).
- If using any optional ingredients, place on top of brownie layer.
- Repeat layers.
- Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish.
- Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
- Note: You can use non-fat ingredients and never know the difference.
I know some people who would pay $$$ for this recipe! My husband took some to work today and let some one taste it - the next thing he knew his office was full of drooling co-workers. I made half the recipe using using broken up Oreo cookies instead of brownies. I made the pudding with milk and used Cool Whip instead of whipped cream. I only chilled it for 2 hours. My husband and son rated it as a 10 !!!!
This was heavenly!!!! My husband told me I could make it anytime. I did add fresh strawberries to the layers and made about 10 hand dipped chocolate strawberries to garnish; simple beautiful! I only used 1-8 oz. & 1-12 oz. cool-whip, think the 2's would be way too much. Surprised me that is wasn't too sweet with all the condensed milk. THis is definitely a keeper!
I made this dessert for our Thankgiving dinner at work. All I can say is "FANTASTIC!" This was sooo good. I could easily have cut this recipe in half and it would have been plenty. I put cherry pie filling between the brownie layer and the pudding layer. Very yummy dessert and worth every minute it took to make it!