Recipe by Candace Michelle
This is a recipe from my Gramma's collection! It's so simple because it's made in the microwave! Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I have found the new way to make from scratch chocolate pudding! This is delicious! AND QUICK! AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SCORCHING OR BURNING. I left out the almond extract and sliced almonds and served with cool whip. I also used 2% milk. Thanks for posting. It is also a good pie filling! I use just a little more cornstarch when I make pie filling.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk in a 1 1/2 qt casserole dish. Microwave uncovered on high for 3 minutes or until milk is hot but not boiling.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa and stir into hot milk.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 3 minutes or or until thickened, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add margarine and extracts and stir well. Refrigerate for about an hour. Top with almonds.