Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No one will believe this silky, delicious pie includes healthful tofu! It is really luscious. I use MORI-NU brand of tofu and it seems to work best.
- Melt chips with syrup over very low heaat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- In food processor, blend both packages of tofu until smooth.
- With processor running on low, slowly pour in the chip mixture.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into crust; chill for at least two hours or overnight.
- Spoon some raspberry or strawberry sauce onto a dessert plate; place a slice of pie on the plate and top with whipped cream, if desired.
This is my go to recipe: Quick, easy to make and incredibly delicious. No other vegan dessert tastes so good! (Just use dark chocolate chips) I don't use the extra syrup in the recipe, nor the extra tofu package. So really it's a 3 ingredient recipe. If you can get Bernard Callebaut chips where you live it's absolutely sinful!!! I also like to add fruit to the pie before filling the crust with the chocolate mixture. And yes, the brand matters in this case, it HAS to be firm, silken tofu, and in our area Mori-Nu is the only kind that is both (In Calgary it's available at health food stores like Community or Planet Organic).
I changed the recipe a bit (only using one block of regular tofu and soy milk) and added peanut butter and every one loves it (: Thank you for a great recipe.