Using a stand mixer is recommended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- 1Prebake graham cracker crust according to package directions and let cool; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Add chocolate to the top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water.
- 3Melt chocolate, smoothing it with a whisk; remove the insert and let the chocolate cool, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- 4Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a big bowl until creamy.
- 5Gradually add the sugar and continue beating, scraping the bowl as needed, until the mixture is light-textured, about 5 minutes.
- 6Scrape the melted chocolate into the butter mixture; beat for 30 seconds.
- 7Add the eggs, one at a time, beating on medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes after each addition.
- 8The filling should be very light and creamy; add the vanilla and blend for 10 seconds to incorporate.
- 9Scrape filling into the chilled pie shell and smooth the top with a spoon.
- 10Cover with loosely tented foil; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 11Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Silk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.3
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 269.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 57.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g