Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's not healthy, but it's yummy and easy! A twist on the traditional. Try it with other flavors of jam or preserves as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup blackberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat an ungreased baking sheet in the oven.
- With electric mixer, mix sugar and cocoa, then gradually add eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and preserves until well-blended. Whip until thickened.
- Pour into prepared crust (use either store-bought or make your own). Put pie onto preheated baking sheet and back 55-60 minutes or until the center is puffy. Coll completely before serving, and garnish with whipped topping if desired.