Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
For a pretty gift, stack a few cookies, wrap in colored plastic food wrap and tie with raffia
Make and share this Chocolate Shortbread X-Mas Trees recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine powdered sugar and butter in mixer bowl.
- Beat until creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon until well mixed for about 1-2 minutes.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with X-mas tree cookie cutters.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Melt baking chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- After cookies are cooled, drizzle glaze over cookies.
- Let stand until set.
These were wonderful--made them for my cookie boxes this year. I decorated them with the white icing in the recipe and some green and red sprinkles and they were so cute! They were rather soft-a nice texture for a cutout cookie--and the cinnamon/cocoa combination was really, really nice. Excellent! I'm sure I'll make them next year, too. thanks!
NOT really shortbread, but good! The kids I baked them for said they were "yummy!"
i just made them. The dough turned out perfectly. I added the extra 1/4 cup flour like the one rating suggested. Glad you added this recipe!