Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Decadent chocolate dessert! I have been making this for over 15 years, and my family still requests it for the holidays. Requires a springform pan.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3⁄8 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Ready a 12 inch spring form pan.
- Mix 2 cups flour and melted butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Mixture will be moist.
- Using fingers, press dough over bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It should look wet. Prepare filling while crust is baking.
- Melt chocolate with orange juice and set aside.
- Mix, 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, salt and coffee. Beat eggs and 1 1/2 cup sugar for 3 minutes with electric beater or until lemon colored.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- With wooden spoon, gently and quickly mix in dry ingredients.
- remove half baked crust and fill with mixture.
- Return to oven and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes; or until a crust forms over the surface.
- Release sides of pan, crack crust and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
I love this recipe. I still have the magazine from years ago. It's a tricky one (in my experience) but, well worth the effort