Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another from the Nestle website promoting their new bittersweet chips. I made these for Christmas and even my non shortbread loving daughter loved these. They are rich and chocolaty yet with a bit of spice to them. (Excuse the weird flour measurements if it still looks funky... zaar was being ornery and not posting the two cups as a number; kept putting zero)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, baking bar broken into small sections
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 325º F.
- MICROWAVE baking bar in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR.
- The sections may retain some of their original shape so if necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. then cool to room temperature.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon and cayenne in medium bowl.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy then beat in melted chocolate; stir in the flour mixture until blended then stir in pecans.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.