Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients; knead with hands to combine.
- press into ungreased pans (or roll out to about 1/2-inch on a floured board and cut into shapes).
- Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut into wedges while warm or break apart.
i loved these! not too sweet, lightly chocolatey... biscuit-like. just what i look for in a shortbread. i made a batch, cut them into football shapes and used a white chocolate icing pouch thing for the decorations. brought them to a superbowl party where they went over very well. the few i had leftover were inhaled by a co-worker the next day.