Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a take anywhere recipe. You will come back with an empty pan.
Make and share this Chocolate Sheet Cake & Icing recipe from Food.com.
- For cake, sift together flour and sugar; set aside.
- In saucepan, mix oleo, cocoa and water; bring to a boil.
- Pour over flour and sugar mixture; blend.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla; blend well.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400° in a large jelly roll pan or sheet cake pan.
- Frost while hot!
- For icing, 5 minutes before cake is done, mix oleo, cocoa and milk; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar; stir until blended.
- If needed, gradually add more milk a few drops at a time as needed for consistency.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Beat well and spread on hot cake.