Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a take anywhere recipe. You will come back with an empty pan.
Make and share this Chocolate Sheet Cake & Icing recipe from Food.com.
- For cake, sift together flour and sugar; set aside.
- In saucepan, mix oleo, cocoa and water; bring to a boil.
- Pour over flour and sugar mixture; blend.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla; blend well.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400° in a large jelly roll pan or sheet cake pan.
- Frost while hot!
- For icing, 5 minutes before cake is done, mix oleo, cocoa and milk; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar; stir until blended.
- If needed, gradually add more milk a few drops at a time as needed for consistency.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Beat well and spread on hot cake.
Didn't try the cake, but the icing is fantastic. So easy to make and so good.
We've enjoyed this cake for years. My sister makes it a lot for our family get togathers. It's wonderful.