Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
my husband ask me to make this wonderful cake all the time.
Make and share this Chocolate Sheet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- COMBINE BUTTER, COCOA, AND MILK.
- HEAT TO BOILING.
- POUR OVER SUGAR AND NUTS.
- SPREAD ON HOT CAKE (I LIKE TO POKE HOLES IN CAKE WITH FORK TO LET THE ICING OOZE INTO THE CAKE).
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Heat butter and water to boiling.
- Pour over dry ingredients, mix well.
- Beat in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla.
- Pour THIN batter into greased and floured sheet pan.
- BAKE AT 400F degrees FOR 20 MINUTES.
- REMOVE CAKE FROM OVEN AND POUR ON THE FROSTING.
Lovely Dense cake,easy to make and my sons loved it.It also makes a lovely dessert when still warm served with Vanilla custard.
We loved this cake! This is exactly what I was looking for! It looks and tastes just like the cake my Grandmother always made... memories :)
My son made this cake, and we loved it thanks.