Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This chocolate shake made with ice cream and Heath bars sounded too good to resist! It comes from the book Patio Daddy-O: '50s Recipes With a Modern Twist.
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) Heath candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream (2 large scoops)
- 2⁄3 cup cold milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pulverize the Heath bar in a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend mixture until thick and smooth.
- Adjust flavors, if necessary by adding more cinnamon and vanilla as desired.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.
Yummy. If it were my review, I'd probably give it a 4. Good, but I'd have liked it thicker. That said, I made it for my daughter who raved and raved and wants it again right away, so I'm giving it her 5! I used heath baking bits which, since they are already so small, made it tough to mix them throughout. I'd probably make the shake without them and then stir them in next time, since they are already pulverised. I also used skim milk and fat free chocolate ice cream. Great treat! Thanks!
Wonderful, what little bit I had of it. I took the picture, had a delicious taste, then told my son he could have a little bit too. 30 seconds later it was all gone. I guess we will be making this one again soon....