Recipe by Marlene.
These are really good, especially if you like the whole peanut butter /chocolate combination. I could actually go for a bit MORE chocolate ;)Thinking about maybe, the next time I make them , dipping half the cookie in melted chocolate ;) *cooking time is per pan*
Top Review by lourdes.zarate
Thanks for posting this recipe. I'd been making these for years, then lost the recipe book that had the recipe. Outstanding chocolate & peanut butter flavor and simple to make. I knew Food.com (formerly Recipezaar) would have it!!
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- sugar, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips on low heat, set aside.
- In large bowl combine sugars, shortening, peanut butter and egg mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add melted chocolate, stirring just enough to give a"marble" effect.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and dip tops in sugar, place on un greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass.
- Bake at 375* for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.