Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from the booklet supplied with the Mirro brand Cookie & Pastry Press. There is no refrigeration required. I searched Zaar for the spritz cookie recipes I use from this book, to share with a fellow chef, but they weren't posted yet. *For tips on obtaining the best results possible with your cookie press, check out my photo demo in the Kitchen Gadgets & Appliances forum. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=330463
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (1 oz each)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (refrigerator temp for electric mixer, slightly softened for hand mixing, margarine or shortening can)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or very slowly in the microwave; set aside to cool.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar well.
- Add chocolate then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes. Checking for a slightly set or very slightly browned cookie at 10 minutes. If needed, bake another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet while warm & transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Decorate if desired or enjoy them plain. Store in an air-tight container and layered between foil or waxed paper, if needed. These cookies freeze well.