This recipe is from the booklet supplied with the Mirro brand Cookie & Pastry Press. There is no refrigeration required. I searched Zaar for the spritz cookie recipes I use from this book, to share with a fellow chef, but they weren't posted yet. *For tips on obtaining the best results possible with your cookie press, check out my photo demo in the Kitchen Gadgets & Appliances forum. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=330463
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate in a double boiler or very slowly in the microwave; set aside to cool.
- 2Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar well.
- 3Add chocolate then beat in egg and vanilla.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 5Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 6Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes. Checking for a slightly set or very slightly browned cookie at 10 minutes. If needed, bake another 1-2 minutes.
- 7Remove cookies from baking sheet while warm & transfer to wire rack to cool.
- 8Decorate if desired or enjoy them plain. Store in an air-tight container and layered between foil or waxed paper, if needed. These cookies freeze well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Shadow Spritz Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (877 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.7
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 395.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g