Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I copied this from Bill Granger's TV show - an oldie but a goodie. Serve with cream and some berries.
- 125 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 120 g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 250 ml milk
- 85 g butter, unsalted & melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 185 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 250 ml boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Grease four 1cup capacity pudding bowls.
- Sift the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, eggs, and butter. Add this to the dry ingredients and using an electric beater mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 pudding bowls.
- Mix the brown sugar and sifted cocoa powder in a small bowl sprinkle over the 4 puddings. Place puddings on a tray and pour over 1/4 cup boiling water over each pudding.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.