Recipe by vicken692
Flourless very rich pie, chocolate lovers will go wild for this!
Top Review by whippinitup
I'm sorry, but this recipe was awful! Big let down! A local restaurant serves a pie by this name and it is amazing! I was excited to find this recipe and try to make it myself. I followed the recipe to a T and when my family and I sat down to enjoy a piece, we all spit it back on our plates! 1/4 cup of a sugar was not nearly enough to sweeten the 5 ounces of bitter, unsweetened chocolate called for in the directions! I wish I had followed the suggestion of the other review and used 2 1/2 cups. That would be more like it!
- 1 pillsbury pie crust
- 8 ounces sweet butter (I use store bought honey butter)
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven on 350°F.
- Parbake the pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in microwave, no more than 50 seconds at a time and stir until no chunks are left, its smooth.
- whisk in sugar and half & half until the sugar is almost dissolved.
- Whisk in the eggs, yolk, and vanilla.
- Pour into the pie shell and place in the oven.
- Bake the pie for 10-15 minutes and rotate, bake another 10-15 minutes. When pie is puffed, crusted over and set in the middle remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Top with a raspberry sauce and creme fraiche if you like.