Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 236.59 ml light corn syrup
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml Rice Krispies or 1419.54 ml COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 170.09 g package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.
My Mom has made these forever! She refuses to make Rice Krispie Treats, but will make these. It is so easy and deliscious, the best combo! ONe time I added the peanut butter while it was still on the heat and the treats were very hard. I will never make any changes to this recipe, its perfect as is! Everyone always loves these!!
These are a bomb explosion to the HIP AND WAIST LINE!!!! So be warned. LOL...LOL... Hey my kids cant thank you enough for these little goodies, they eat them in a flash, and they only left me 1 little square, they said it was for my own good, ha they did'nt fool me for a moment.lol...lol...lol... Thanks for the great idea.