Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good recipe for a childrens treat. Found in The St George Spectrum newspaper 5/2008.
- 1 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cook corn syrup and sugar in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter; mix well.
- Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into greased 13x9 inch pan; pat into place.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat; stirring constantly.
- Spread over cereal.
- Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into bars.
Thanks for posting this. I misplaced my magazine clipping version of this recipe. I use Stevia in place of sugar. I was also low on the rice cereal so I sub last cup of cereal with Peanut Butter cereal so I am making it this way from now on. My coworker asked me for the recipe and she hardly ever cooks! Last note I am considering a sub with Cheerios might be a good snack choice for the little ones.