1/2 Photos of Chocolate Sauce (Throw Away Your Hershey's!)
This syrup is concentrated stuff, use 1-2 tsp in 8 oz of milk. It's ultra-chocolatey, with a deep cocoa flavor, and not too sweet. This syrup is thick and smooth with a shine ...a chocolate syrup for adults. Use Dutch process cocoa powder if you want the finished product to have the beautifully deep color and flavor to which all good chocolate syrups should aspire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy-bottomed 2 quart pot, combine sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine. Gradually stir in the water. Stir until well combined.
- 2Set over medium heat; stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil Boil three minutes, stirring frequently with whisk and reducing heat if syrup threatens to boil over. Remove from heat; pour into heatproof 4 cup measure or pitcher. Cool briefly.
- 3Cool on counter (uncovered) until room temperature, strain through fine strainer into container of 2-1/2 cup capacity. Stir in vanilla.
- 4Store, covered, in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sauce (Throw Away Your Hershey's!)
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g