Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes complements of the Taste of Home's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook, Volume 2, 2003! It has become a favorite with me & my friends!
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter (no substitute)
- 2 (56.69 g) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream or 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, melt butter & chocolate.
- Add sugar, cream, corn syrup & vanilla, then bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 1/2 minutes, then revove from heat.
- Serve warm or cold over ice cream, pound cake, or just enjoy a spoonful of it as is!
This was very, very good. Great consistency and taste.
Delicious chocolate sauce! I served this with French vanilla ice cream. Really good and easy! Thanks for sharing. Made for Gimme 5 tag.
Oh my, Syd!! This is a fantastic sauce. I will use it later today as a topping for brownies, but of course had to taste test after making! The corn syrup does the trick and the smoothness is just fantastic. I know that this will be a hit. I made 1/4 of the recipe which worked fine. Made for PRMR