Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My hostsister's mum used to give it to them when they were young and they loved it...so i tried to do it :D it lookes gross... but it tasts sooo good and you can even eat it hot, warm or cold, whatever you prefer or you can eat the leftovers for breakfast :D
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 60 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add unbeaten egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour, alternatively with milk.
- Place mixture in greased, oven proof/microwave proof dish.
- In separate bowl mix sugar and cocoa.
- Sprinkle cocoa-sugar mixture evenly over cake mixture (DO NOT STIR).
- Gently pour over warm/hot water. (DO NOT STIR).
- Place in moderate oven for 35 minutes or microwave 8 minutes (1200 watt oven). You might want to keep watch as sauce might overflow.