1/1 Photo of Chocolate Sauce or Frosting
Adopted from the recipezaar account. Apparently, this is an excellent recipe! I'll be trying it soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a double boiler or heavy saucepan, melt the butter in the cream, heating until just warm to the touch.
- 2Stir in sugar and salt until dissolved.
- 3Mix in cocoa powder until well blended.
- 4Heat mixture over low heat, stirring continuously until shiny and smooth and hot, but not bubbling.
- 5For sauce, serve hot or warm.
- 6For frosting, refrigerate until thick enough to spread.
- 7May be reheated.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sauce or Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.6
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 35.1 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 143.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 67.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g