Recipe by Georgiapea
This is a super easy sauce that I whipped up tonight on the suggestion of a friend who brought over ice cream and cookies. It's easy to mod, but I'll tell you how I made it. Serving size depends on how you use it.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used chips, but that's not ideal because of the emulsifiers...worked fine though)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- place butter, cream, milk and sugar in a pan over medium high heat.
- stir constantly.
- allow to come to rolling boil and take off heat.
- add chocolate and allow to sit for about a minute - to melt.
- stir until integrated.
- add vanilla extract, stir.
- serve over ice cream, dip cookies in it, eat it from the spoon.
- *you can add dark rum instead of vanilla, 1/2 of light cream instead of the 1/4 and 1/4, white sugar instead of turbinado, etc.