Prep 7 mins
Cook 4 mins
This very simple recipe comes from the 2005 cookbook, Get Saucy.
Make and share this Chocolate Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or bittersweet)
- In a medium-size heavy saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until small bubbles appear around the rim, about 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat & add the chocolate, letting it sit without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, stir sauce until chocolate is melted & thoroughly mixed into the cream.
- Let it cool a little before using.
- Will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- It will thicken & harden as it cools, so reheat before using.
Made a half batch as directed, and dipped with fresh strawberries and bananas for an afternoon treat. Yum!
Mmmm delicious! This is so simple yet so rich and yummy. I actually successfully made my in the microwave and served over brownie ice cream for a sinful dessert. Thanks! Made for 1-2-3 Hits.
My family enjoyed this over ice cream tonight. I made exactly as written.