1/2 Photos of Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 hr 21 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Muffin Goddess's Note:
Pretty much a Black Moon/Fudge Brownie hybrid, soft and quite rich. Icy cold milk is a must with these! Trudy Russel's winning entry in the '99 Great American Family Cookie Swap, from the Land O'Lakes site. (Prep time includes total baking time; listed cook time is merely per-batch.)
My Private Note
dozen s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine brown sugar, 3/4 cup butter, and water in a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted (3 to 4 minutes).
- 4Add chocolate chips; cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and smooth (1-2 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is smooth.
- 7Stir in all remaining cookie ingredients.
- 8Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 9Bake for 6-8 minutes or until set.
- 10Let stand 1 minute before removing from cookie sheets, and cool completely.
- 11Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients EXCEPT milk in a large mixing bowl.
- 12Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often.
- 13Gradually add enough milk to reach desired spreading consistency.
- 14Spread about 2 teaspoons of frosting onto flat side of one cookie; top with second cookie, flat side down.
- 15Gently squeeze together.
- 16Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 17Store well-wrapped, or in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 117.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g