Recipe by UnknownChef86
From "Zingerman's Guide to Good Eating"
Top Review by sugarpea
When I read this recipe last night, I thought perhaps Mean Chef was pulling our collective leg. But no, there really is a "Zingerman's Guide to Good Eating". Serendipitously, I had just brought home a bakery-fresh loaf of bread and had some quality chocolate on hand. The only way I can think to describe this is that it's a bit like angelfood cake with a chocolate glaze, plus crunch. While it's probably not something I'll eat often, it did make me smile today.
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 2 slices sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 ounces dark bittersweet chocolate (Best to use bars shaped like a Hershey bar or cut up the chocolate if thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter each slice of bread on one side.
- Sandwich the chocolate between the non-buttered sides.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat.
- When the skillet is hot, place the sandwich in the center.
- Set a bowl or plate on the sandwich to weigh it down.
- Cook until the bottom of the bread is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the sandwich over and brown the other side, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve warm so the chocolate can drip down your wrists as you eat.