Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a chocolate treat that looks like a salami -- bizarre, I know, but kind of fun! And great for kids because you can slice off a bit to put in their lunch boxes or to serve after school every day for a few days, as needed. There's hardly any cooking time in this recipe, but you will need to allow for the "sausage" to chill.
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons single cream or 2 tablespoons light cream (about 18% milk fat)
- 50 g soft unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely grated unwaxed orange zest
- 50 g blanched slivered almonds
- 75 g favourite cookies
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Cut the chocolate into very small pieces and melt in a pan over very low heat with the cream and the butter.
- Meanwhile, put the almonds and cookies into a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or empty wine bottle.
- Stir the crumbled almonds and biscuits into the melted chocolate.
- Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spoon into the centre of a large piece of clingfilm or wax paper.
- Shape into a sausage and chill for at least four hours.
- Just before serving, dust the sausage with icing sugar.
- This gives it a"skin" look which won't last long but is fun.
- Keep chilled and slice as needed over a few days.