Recipe by loveleesmile
From Cooking Light. I have tried a bunch of chocolate cake recipes this is really one of the best!
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup sake
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle pan with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a large bowl; stir well.
- Place 2 cups sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine milk and sake; stir into egg mixture. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Fold in chocolate. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.