Recipe by Lula
I found plenty of chocolate sorbet recipes but none with rum. Enjoy--this is delicious! Cooking time does not include chilling/freezing time. Adapted from "Barefoot Contessa at Home."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup concentrated liquid coffee
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan. Stir in coffee and 1 cup water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is dissolved and lumps of cocoa blend into the mixture. Remove from heat. Stir in the rum. Pour the mixture into a container. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until very cold. This can be done a day in advance.
- Process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Spoon into a freezer safe container. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm but not rock hard.