Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup white rum or 1⁄4 cup dark rum or 1⁄4 cup fruit-flavored liqueur
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and margarine; cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
mmmm, chocolately goodness! Great over ice cream with banana and mango. I had a little bit of difficulty dissolving the sugar. It looked like it was about to turn into hard caramel (I probably had the heat too high) so I added a splash of milk. That worked a treat. The cocoa mixed in easily and the sauce was nice and smooth. The rum was a nice touch and just right to go over tropical fruits.