1/1 Photo of Chocolate Rum Pots
2 hrs 30 mins
I made these Chocolate Rum Pots for one of my mother's parties, and everyone loved them! They are especially good for big get-togethers, because you can make a double or triple recipe with no extra effort. I have also made them a few times using imitation rum extract, and they come out tasting delicious! If you are going to use rum extract the conversion is 1 and 1/2 tbsp Extract for every 1 tbsp Dark Rum. Hope you enjoy! (Note: Cooking time is actually time needed for refrigeration.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1Melt the semisweet chocolate and let cool slightly.
- 2While melting the chocolate, whip 1/4 pint heavy cream in a bowl with an electric mixer (if decorating with Rum Whipped Cream.) When it starts to thicken, add vanilla, sugar, and 1/2 tbsp dark rum. Whip until stiff peaks form, then refrigerate.
- 3Whisk the egg yolks with the superfine sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- 4Drizzle the chocolate into the egg yolk and sugar mixture and fold in together with the dark rum and the heavy cream.
- 5Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until standing in soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, one half at a time.
- 6Divide the mixture between 6 individual dishes, and let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 7Serve decorated with rum whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Rum Pots
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.0
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 181.8 mg
- Sodium 67.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g