Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy dessert. It has a light and fluffy texture but an elegant and rich taste. Perfect end to a meal.
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl until very pale and fluffy.
- Drizzle the chocolate into the egg yolk and sugar mixture and fold together with the rum and cream.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until standing in soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a metal spoon.
- Divide into 6 individual ramekins and let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
WOW! Even made lighter by using Splenda and 1 percent milk...These are VERY RICH and CREAMY and FLUFFY. They are SWEET with a nice RUM flavor and the chocolate is semi-sweet tasting. I used my electric mixer to blend the yolk mixture with the warm chocolate and then the milk and rum. I used a rubber spatula to fold in the beaten egg whites. This was like a MOUSSE. I made 3 servings and it filled three 1cup rammekins perfectly. Thanks for this WONDERFUL KEEPER recipe Amanda! Made for Beverage tag.
Great recipe, east to make, I added Mascarpone which I mixed with rum before folding in.
.......scrummy couldn't eating the lrft overs in the bowl.