Recipe by Bluenoser
if you are diabetic and a chocolate lover, you will think you have died and gone to heaven when you taste this treat
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 (2 teaspoon) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon liquid sugar substitute
- 2 cups reduced-calorie whipped topping (prepared)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake pie shell.
- Combine gelatin, milk, egg yolks, sugar replacement, salt and cocoa in heavy saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until completely blended and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rum flavoring and chill until partially set.
- Beat egg whites and liquid sugar replacement into stiff peaks and fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Layer chocolate mixture and topping into baked cooled pie shell, ending with topping.
- Chill til firm.