Recipe by Sueie
Serve pie with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Recipe can be made ahead. Preparation time includes time allowed for pie to set.
- 1 prebaked pastry shells
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 100 g dark chocolate, grated
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg and sugar in small bowl until thick and creamy, stir in blended cornflour and milk.
- Pour mixture into pan, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate, stir until chocolate is melted.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in cup, stand in small pan of simmering water, stir until dissolved.
- Add to chocolate mixture, mix well, cool to room temperature, stir in rum.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form, fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell, refrigerate several hours until firm.