Prep 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Note: this recipe does use uncooked egg whites, so if you are concerned about salmonella, look for pasteurized eggs or skip this recipe. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, plus
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Combine the sugar and rum in a small saucepan and warm over very low heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan set over hot water.
- Stir in the rum mixture and 2 tablespoons heavy cream until smooth.
- Beat the remaining cream until light and fluffy and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites and spoon into individual serving bowls or wine glasses.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
I have this recipe somewhere in a book that I bought, and It's almost the same as yours! Unfortunately I lost the book. Is yours from a book, and if so, which one? Thanks for posting this recipe, it was nice to have it back again!