Recipe by spatchcock
Note: this recipe does use uncooked egg whites, so if you are concerned about salmonella, look for pasteurized eggs or skip this recipe. Prep time includes chill time.
Top Review by Cosmic*Cookie
I have this recipe somewhere in a book that I bought, and It's almost the same as yours! Unfortunately I lost the book. Is yours from a book, and if so, which one? Thanks for posting this recipe, it was nice to have it back again!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, plus
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and rum in a small saucepan and warm over very low heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan set over hot water.
- Stir in the rum mixture and 2 tablespoons heavy cream until smooth.
- Beat the remaining cream until light and fluffy and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites and spoon into individual serving bowls or wine glasses.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.