1/1 Photo of Chocolate Rum Dessert
From Southern Living, this lavish dessert makes a beautiful presentation topped with whipped cream and chocolate curls and served in stemmed glasses. Similar to pudding, this dessert is richer with a delighful rum-laced flavor. I had forgotten about this recipe until I was going through my magazines, but it's on the top of my list to make again soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over gently boiling water.
- 2Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; gradually stir in about one quarter of the melted chocolate.
- 3Add the yolks and chocolate to the remaining chocolate in the double boiler, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat and add the rum, almond extract and nutmeg.
- 5Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form.
- 6Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- 7Spoon into stemmed glasses or demitasse cups and chill.
- 8When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Rum Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 159.8 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g