Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are craving something sweet but don't want all the carbs, give this recipe a try. It can cure your sweet tooth/chocolate craving in a hurry.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine coconut, Splenda® and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
- When the pecans have cooled a little, coarsely chop them in a food processor.
- Add the pecans to the coconut mixture.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the rum with the melted butter and stir into the combined ingredients.
- Place egg white powder in a small bowl and add the warm water.
- Beat with a whisk for 2 minutes, until frothy and dissolved.
- Mix the egg whites into the combined ingredients.
- Form the mixture into little balls.
- Leave the candies on a baking sheet for about an hour to dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amazingly delicious!! I used walnuts instead of pecans, and I couldn't find egg white powder so I used pasteurized egg whites instead of the egg white powder and water. They were awesome. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
I love rum balls and the combination of pecans, coconut and chocolate's fabulous! It was moist and soft so like what I always do with the rum balls, I stored it by freezing it. DH got the whole mixture even if some of them haven't been formed into balls yet. Thanks for sharing! Made for TOTM's Diabetic Tag Game 2008.
These were actually very good, thank you!