Recipe by Alskann
If you are craving something sweet but don't want all the carbs, give this recipe a try. It can cure your sweet tooth/chocolate craving in a hurry.
Top Review by Orchard
Amazingly delicious!! I used walnuts instead of pecans, and I couldn't find egg white powder so I used pasteurized egg whites instead of the egg white powder and water. They were awesome. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon rum (or rum extract)
- 1 teaspoon egg white powder
- 1 tablespoon warm water (to dissolve egg white powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine coconut, Splenda® and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
- When the pecans have cooled a little, coarsely chop them in a food processor.
- Add the pecans to the coconut mixture.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the rum with the melted butter and stir into the combined ingredients.
- Place egg white powder in a small bowl and add the warm water.
- Beat with a whisk for 2 minutes, until frothy and dissolved.
- Mix the egg whites into the combined ingredients.
- Form the mixture into little balls.
- Leave the candies on a baking sheet for about an hour to dry.
- Store in an airtight container.