Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead these need to sit for 2 days or longer before serving to develop flavors, that is if you can wait that long lol!
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed wafers, chopped nuts, 3/4 cup icing sugar and the cocoa; add/mix in rum and corn syrup.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in the icing sugar.
- Store rum balls in an airtight container for 2-3 days to develop the flavors.
- Roll them again in icing sugar before serving.
Most excellent if a tiny bit messy because I had blender issues - used my blender to chop the nuts and crush the wafers. I used Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum Private Reserve..and the end result was wonderful. I made them for the husband to take to his poker game and they were quite well received. I'll make these again and again. Thanks!