Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious (and you can adjust the amount of rum to taste...or you can use rum flavouring if you prefer).
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, ground
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- chocolate, shots (or additional icing sugar)
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate shots/additional icing sugar and shape into one inch balls.
- Roll in chocolate shots (or additional icing sugar).
These were very easy to make. I used almonds instead of walnuts, (for allergy reasons) and they turned out GREAT!
This Ball of goodness should not go unoticed. The alcohol alone would give you a sharp kick in the pants. This recipe in all honesty is a quick and easy method to create a fantastic appetizer for your friends, on short notice. I had a great time making this Rum Balls with my grandparents, they ate them all up. Great First Class Recipe
These are by far the best. I fix these by special request from a BFF. I used dark rum and Hershey's cocoa and I think it made a difference over last year, I used Droste cocoa. Much better this year, richer tasting. Thank you again.