Recipe by Alayane
A delectible treat year round
Top Review by ACuriousCook
I have been looking for a good rumball recipe for a while and these are excellent rum balls! My palate favors a darker, richer chocolate flavor than many recipes produce but this recipe delivers. I used nabisco chocolate wafers, hershey's special dark cocoa powder and myers dark rum.
- 6 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- 1 ounce almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup ground pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Comine melted chocolate, sour cream and almond extract and set aside. In separte bowl combine wafers and other ingredients. Mix well until it holds. Chill first (1 hour) as it is easier to work with. MIx all together. Shape into balls and roll in additional powdered sugar.
- Keep in refigeratior. Can be frozen.
- The longer they sit, the better they are!