Inspired from Linda Majzlik's 'A Vegan Taste of the Caribbean', I reduced the fat by using unsweetened applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the raisins in the rum for 1 hour.
- 2Gently heat the margarine, sugar and molasses until melted.
- 3Remove from heat, and stir in the raisins and any remaining rum.
- 4Gradually add the flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon, and then the soy milk.
- 5Mix well, then spoon into a greased 7 inch pan.
- 6Level the top, and bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes; until risen and firm in the centre.
- 7Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- 8If desired, cover with melted chocolate and shredded coconut, and chill in the fridge before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate, Rum and Raisin Cake (Vegan!)
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 343.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g