Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Inspired from Linda Majzlik's 'A Vegan Taste of the Caribbean', I reduced the fat by using unsweetened applesauce.
- Soak the raisins in the rum for 1 hour.
- Gently heat the margarine, sugar and molasses until melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the raisins and any remaining rum.
- Gradually add the flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon, and then the soy milk.
- Mix well, then spoon into a greased 7 inch pan.
- Level the top, and bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes; until risen and firm in the centre.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, cover with melted chocolate and shredded coconut, and chill in the fridge before serving.