Recipe by Lotte26
Griottines and cream encased in a chocolate sponge roll - the perfect dessert for any occasion. Griottines are a type of Morello cherry steeped in liqueur.
- 90 g egg whites
- 90 g egg yolks
- 50 g sugar
- 40 g plain flour
- 5 g cocoa powder
- 200 g whipping cream
- 60 g caster sugar
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 150 g sour cherries (Griottines)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk egg white and gently add sugar. Add egg yolk and mix.
- Sieve flour and fold in with cocoa powder.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread on mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C and bake for approx 12 minutes Top should be dry.
- Whisk whipping cream and spread onto cold sponge after removing greaseproof paper.
- Add Griottines and roll sponge.
- Present on a plate topped with Griottines.