Recipe by Chickee
This is an oldie that my grandmother used to make... fits in a slice tin 20x30cm, or double it for a 9x13inch tin and use the whole can of condensed milk.
Top Review by Chef on the coast
Wow! DH said this is a recipe he could actually get fat off of! lol The kids really liked it as well. I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan. Your instructions didn't say to grease the pan so I didn't. I will next time though. Removing them was extremely hard to do. Next time I will add either chopped walnuts or pecans or some sliced almonds to the topping as well. These remind me of those Brachs@ Coconut Triple Layer candies. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for the April 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 0.5 (395 g) can condensed milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a slice tin with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang over the two longer sides. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Farenheit/ 180 degrees Celcius.
- Mix all base ingredients together unti well combineed, and press into the slice tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in moderate oven. Cool slightly.
- While cooking the base melt all the topping ingredients together in a saucepan over a low heat. Spread over base when cooled a little.
- Once the topping has set, use the overhanging baking paper to pull the slice from the tin. Cut when cold.