Alex Chapman's Note:
I found this Recipe on "From Karen's Kitchen." http://fromkarenskitchen.com/ Per her Website "Rolled Fondant is an icing substance that is rolled out and used as a covering for cake, which traditionally is first covered with a layer of marzipan or a thin layer of buttercream icing or apricot glaze to seal in flavor and the moisture of the cake. Cakes covered with rolled fondant can be decorated with royal or buttercream icing."
My Private Note
10" x 4 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sifted confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup liquid glucose or 1/4 cup white corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons glycerine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (optional)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted or
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon flavoring such clear vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract, paste or 1 teaspoon liquid, coloring if desired
- 1Place sifted confectioners’ sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 2Pour the water into small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top to soften for about 5 minutes.
- 3Gently heat the gelatin and stir until it is dissolved and clear. Do not boil.
- 4Remove from the heat and add the glucose or syrup, glycerine and shortening, stirring until well blended.
- 5Pour the mixture into the well of sugar and mix until most of the sugar is blended.
- 6Knead with your hands until all of the sugar is combined and the mixture becomes stiff.
- 7Knead in melted chocolate. If the mixture is very sticky, add small amounts of confectioners’ sugar.
- 8Shape the mixture into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and let it rest at room temperature overnight in an airtight container.
- 9To make a chocolate brown colored fondant without the chocolate taste, knead in brown icing color with a small amount of red icing color to white fondant.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Rolled Fondant
Serving Size: 1 (1156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4292.6
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 961.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.8 g
- Sugars 889.7 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: