Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from an old calendar - I haven't tried it yet but it sounds devine.
- 5 eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan with wax paper. Separate eggs. Cut chocolate into small pieces. Melt chocolate with butter and 2 tbsp cognac. Remove from heat and add egg yolks, one at a time, beating thoroughly. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar slowly. Continue beating till stiff. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate. Pour batter into pan, smooth top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cake cool; remove from pan onto work surface. Whip cream. Spread cream over the cake and roll up its long edge. Transfer to serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with raspberries.
I used dark chocolate chips which made my cake sort of bitter. Instead of rolling it I cut small circles and made personal sized stacks of cake, ice cream and blackberries. Over all very yummy.