Recipe by Gerry
This chocolate roll is a delicious addition to the dainty tray. There are no leftovers! Always nice to have a dainty that tastes as good as it looks.
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (I prefer the sweet chocolate squares)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow (I use the colored for special occasions)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (or pecans, chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry (half if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot over low heat: Melt the chocolate and margarine.
- In a small bowl beat the egg slightly, carefully whisk into the above mixture until nicely blended.
- Remove from heat, add the graham crumbs.
- If the graham crumbs have not cooled the mixture to warm, allow mixture to cool to warm before folding in the marshmallows, walnuts, and cherries.You don't want to be melting the marshmallows.
- Shape into a roll on wax paper, rolling into the size you wish - basically like a sausage roll.
- For variety I often roll in flaked coconut which gives it an extra special look.
- Chill in refrigerator until set, slice and serve.